Saints Joseph and Claret Church Dasarahalli was a long standing dream coming true in the lives of the people of Dasarahalli, Chokasandra and Peenya Area. We have grown from a small Christian community to a large Parish Community with more than 280 families with more than 1000 members.
The Spiritual needs of the Syro-Malabar Christian Community of the Surrounding areas were then being met by Our Lady of Fathima Church, Jalahalli. Meanwhile their dreams of a Syro Malabar Malayalam church became a reality with the establishment of St. Thomas Church, Jalahalli. In the long run, the people around Dasarahalli, Chokasandra and Peenya felt it extremely difficult to participate in the Holy Sacraments and send their children’s for catechism classes due to poor public transportation facility and the distance. It was a desire for a separate place of worship for the people of these areas that made Saints JOSEPH AND CLARET CHURCH a reality. They had prayed and worked hard for it. Under the patronage of Claretian Congregation, a plot of land was bought and the foundation stone of the church was laid on March 19, 2002. Thanks to the efforts of the people of this area, generosity of the people of St. Thomas Parish, Jalahalli and the strong support from the Claretian Congregation and the Archdiocese of Bangalore, the work was completed and the new church was blessed on 09 February 2003, by Most Rev. Mar. Jacob Thoomkuzhy, the Archbishop of Trichur. This Community of believers was subsequently erected as a parish in the year 2004.
This Parish has two Saints as patrons in St. JOSEPH the worker and St. Antony Mary Claret the Parton of Cancer patients. Many Cancer patients send their request for prayers, especially during the novena to St. Claret at 8.30AM on Sundays. Cases of Cancer patients getting cured through the intercession of St. Claret is reported in this church regularly. This is the only Church where special novena seeking the intercession of St. Claret is conducted in India.
Ever since the blessing of the church, we are able to witness multi dimensional growth of the Parish. The Church is registered as Saints JOSEPH AND CLARET CHURCH TRUST and all the transactions are carried out by the people represented by the Trustees. There are about 300 students studying Catechism at the Sunday School of the Parish. There are over 80 Youth as members of Joseph And Claret Youth Association (JACYA), the Pious association of Parish for the Youth. Ward prayers and ward mass are conducted regularly. The Parish has succeeded in forming CHOIR GROUP in each of the 12 wards of the Parish. The people, though middle class in general, are very generous towards building up of the Parish.
3000 square feet of land was purchased during the year 2010
1200 square feet of land was purchased in the year 2012
The Parishioners have under taken to submit their TITHE to the Church.
Efforts are on to Construct a Multi Purpose Building near the Church.
As a Parish we have miles to go and dreams to be fulfilled.